Beat The Heat In Your Pinellas Park, FL Home with Expert Home AC Repair
It's 95° outside, the sun is beating down, folks walking along the street are covered in sweat - but you're relaxing in your chair, kicking back, enjoying a drink and settling in to watch your favorite television show. Not a care in the world - certainly not one about the boiling temperatures outside. You hear your home AC unit humming along, the same purr it always makes, when suddenly - there's a violent, awful grinding sound and everything comes to a halt. That's when you know - without professional and dependable air conditioning service, you're going to start cooking in your own home. You'll need air conditioner repair service quickly!
AC Repair FAQs
There are several reasons why your home AC unit may be running but not cooling:
- Dirty air filter: A dirty air filter can restrict airflow and cause your AC to work harder, which can result in reduced cooling capacity.
- Refrigerant leak: A refrigerant leak can cause your AC to blow warm air instead of cool air.
- Frozen evaporator coil: A frozen evaporator coil can also cause your AC to blow warm air. This can be caused by a dirty air filter, low refrigerant levels, or a malfunctioning fan.
- Faulty compressor: If the compressor isn't working properly, your AC may not be able to cool the air.
- Thermostat issues: If your thermostat is malfunctioning or not calibrated correctly, it may not be sending the right signals to your AC, which can result in poor cooling performance.
If you are experiencing this issue, it's recommended to call a licensed HVAC technician to diagnose and repair the problem to avoid further damage to your AC.
To unclog an AC condenser coil:
- Turn off the power to your AC unit.
- Remove any debris or vegetation that may be obstructing the coil.
- Use a garden hose to spray the coil from the inside out.
If the coil is still clogged, you may need to use a commercial coil cleaner or call a licensed HVAC technician to perform a thorough cleaning.
Harrington AC has been a Factory Authorized Air Conditioning Dealer & Repair Center for Carrier, Daikin and more for over 20 years
Our HVAC technicians can fix and repair any type of AC brand. Whether it's a new or old air conditioner our company has all the parts & equipment to fulfill any AC repair job you may throw at us. With our experience, counting back to 1979, we know how long it will take to finish the AC repair job on time & efficiently. We'll get your cold air blowing again in no time.
We're Ready to Fix Your Air Conditioner
Nobody wants to think about their air conditioner not cooling or your AC unit going out, but there's always the possibility it can happen, and when it does you don't want to waste time scrolling through search results trying to figure out which company you should call.
No other company in the Pinellas Park region can claim our longevity, our stability or our decades-long commitment to total customer satisfaction. When your air conditioner breaks down, you need results - and we deliver.
How Can I Tell If My Air Conditioner Needs Repair?
You don't have to be an HVAC professional to spot the signs that something's amiss with your air conditioner. The longer a problem goes unresolved the more damage it can potentially do, so it's an excellent idea to keep a few of these things in mind. As they say, forewarned is forearmed - and being forearmed can help prevent a minor thing from turning into a major disaster.
Here are some things you can watch out for:
- Warm Air - This one may seem like a no-brainer, but it's still worth mentioning. If you have the thermostat set for cool and the only air you feel is warm, there's a problem.
- Elevated Humidity - Keeping things cool isn't your AC's only job. It also contributes to maintaining comfortable humidity in your home. If it feels as sticky inside as out, there could be an issue.
- Awful Smells - We know Florida is known for its swamps, but your air conditioner shouldn't be putting out swampy odors. If you notice that kind of stink coming out of your vents, give us a call.
- Bang, Bang - It's an air conditioner, not a drum kit. Let us know if your unit starts making banging, grinding or screeching noises because something is definitely wrong.
- Off & On & Off & On - A sure sign you're in need of repair is an AC that continually cycles. It should be able to come on, get things to a steady temperature, and maintain them with minimal activity. If it's always turning off and on, it's not reading - or maintaining - temperatures correctly.
- High Energy Bills - It's possible this is the worst one. If your air conditioner is working too hard, or too often, then it's drawing more energy. Drawing more energy means your power bill goes up. Nobody wants that.
Be Proactive, Not Reactive
We are ready, willing and able to fix any issue, with virtually any brand system, you might encounter. But we'd rather help you avoid costly repairs entirely by providing regular AC maintenance service.
We Can Help You Avoid Costly AC Repairs
You can also save by signing up for our Total Comfort Agreement, where you get regularly scheduled HVAC maintenance on your heating and cooling system that corrects minor issues early, guarantees peak performance and extends your unit's functional lifespan so you won't have to replace your AC system early!
Plus, enjoy discounts and other benefits as a member - sign up today!
Professional Repairs & Compassionate Care Since 1979
A loss of air conditioning can be a minor inconvenience or a major emergency. We don't care which it is. You'll get the same exceptional level of service, unparalleled quality and guarantee of comfort we've been offering the people of Central Florida for over 40 years.