Scheduled Air Conditioning Maintenance Keeps Your Pinellas Park, FL AC Running Right
Whether you've got a traditional air conditioner or a heat pump, one of the most vital things you can do is take care of it with regular maintenance. ACs are complex systems with lots of components that have to work together correctly to produce the cool air you crave - so if you aren't making sure they're properly serviced, you're asking for trouble. Call Harrington AC for a system tune-up, and you'll get all our 40-plus years of experience giving your unit a thorough once-over.
We recommend signing up for one of our Total Comfort Agreements to guarantee two regularly scheduled annual air conditioning maintenance appointments. But if you're not interested in that kind of commitment, you still need to get your system checked out at least once in a while. It's the best way to avoid costly repairs or, worse yet, putting yourself in a position where your entire unit has to be replaced before you've gotten your money's worth.
In Florida's climate, where air conditioning is frequently used throughout the year, AC units should be serviced at least twice a year. It's recommended to schedule professional maintenance before the cooling season begins in the spring and again before the heating season in the fall for heat pump systems. Regular maintenance helps ensure the AC system operates efficiently, maintains better indoor comfort, and reduces the risk of breakdowns, especially during periods of high usage in Florida's hot and humid weather.
During AC maintenance, a professional HVAC technician typically performs a thorough inspection and cleaning of various components to ensure the system operates efficiently and reliably. The key tasks include:
- Checking and cleaning air filters or replacing them if necessary.
- Inspecting and cleaning the evaporator and condenser coils.
- Verifying refrigerant levels and checking for any leaks.
- Testing and adjusting thermostat settings.
- Lubricating moving parts, such as fan motors and bearings.
- Inspecting electrical connections and components for any signs of wear or damage.
- Checking and cleaning the condensate drain line to prevent clogs.
- Verifying the overall system performance and making any necessary adjustments or repairs.
Completing these tasks during regular AC maintenance helps ensure optimal performance, energy efficiency, and a longer lifespan for the air conditioning system.
Why Do You Need Regular AC Maintenance?
First and foremost - your system is there to provide comfort, and it can't do its job if it's in bad shape. While nothing can stop the inevitable march of time that will see your system reach the end of its lifespan, consistent maintenance will help it to last as long as it can, while providing the maximum comfort possible. Here are some of the reasons maintenance is so important:
- Save On Power Bills - Caring for your system helps it to run at its highest efficiency, so it will draw less power to do the same amount of cooling. This can help you avoid spikes in your utility bill.
- Longer Lifespan - The surest way to kill an air conditioner is to make it work harder than it has to. With regular maintenance, you can leverage that extra efficiency into a longer life for your unit.
- Maintain Your Warranty - A lot of people don't realize this, but many AC manufacturers require proof of regular maintenance before they'll honor an equipment warranty. Don't get caught holding the check if something goes wrong with your system.
- Better Air Quality - The cleaner and more well-maintained your system is, the cleaner the air in your house is going to stay. A dirty system can't help but spread some of that dirt throughout your home.
- Improved Safety - Since they draw a lot of power, frayed wires or other malfunctions could lead to fire or electrocution hazards. A regular check helps to identify and correct these issues before they are dangerous.
Schedule Your Seasonal Tune-Up Today!
We understand that you're busy and the last thing you need to add to your calendar is another appointment. But let's be honest - the risks of doing nothing are too great, especially in the face of all these benefits. Do right by yourself, your unit and your home and message us online or call 727-541-5222 to book your tune-up today!